Honeydew Country Estate in Northern Paarl is set at the foot of the Paarl Mountains, surrounded by vineyards with picturesque views. In the summer, the green rustle of aged Oak trees adds to the tranquility and beauty of this currently developing country estate.
This well-planned estate will offer:
- a variety of plot and plan options, featuring a range of house designs to choose from, as well as sectional title apartments
- a convenient community garden to provide residents with a relaxing environment for leisurely strolls and a safe and secure area for children to play
- a manned gatehouse, electrified fencing and surveillance cameras to provide peace of mind
- ready installed optical fibre technology
- ease of access to top schools in the area and shopping centres.
Advantages of buying via plot-plan
- Your property will be brand-new and there should be no immediate maintenance expenses for some time, or any urgent renovation issues.
- All costs, including legal costs, are usually included in the price.
- Buying from plan means you may be able to choose your own finishes.
- You will be able to landscape your garden from scratch and to your own liking.
Important to do’s whenever buying off-plan:
- Be sure to read through the fine print on the contract.
- Check that the developer/builder is a member of the National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC) established to maintain construction quality standards in the home building industry.
- Consider and discuss the possibilities of building delays. If building work is not completed within the agreed time period or if it is found to be below industry standards with regards to plans, specifications, workmanship and materials, you need to take action within three months of taking occupation of the property.
- You should be covered for compensation if the developer or builder is unable to complete the project or goes into liquidation.
- Buying with your eyes is one thing, but as soon as possible, try to view one or two completed units that may be on show. Talk to owners who have already gone through the process and moved in, and find out what their experiences have been.
- If you are one of the first residents to move in, you will need to be prepared to be surrounded by building operations for the uncompleted units for quite some time.
- Find out if your deposit is refundable.
Your snag list
It is important that before taking occupation of your new home, you do a site visit with the developer to assess any problems and list them for the developers’ attention. This is known as the Snag List. You will have a certain time-frame in which to list and supply the developer with these defects. There are a number of aspects to check, but the main points should include:
- Checking plumbing and pipes for any leakage
- Checking that all taps, inside and out, are not leaking and that they match the finish and fittings you chose
- Making sure there are the correct fittings for your washing machine and dishwasher
- Ensuring the oven and stove work properly
- Making sure that cupboards have been properly installed and open and close with ease
- Checking for any cracked windows
- Opening and closing all doors and windows to ensure they all work correctly
- Ensuring that light switches and plugs are working and covers are properly aligned and fitted.
Our designs and service offering make buying off-plan a truly rewarding experience!
From the established Wilcrest Group comes a development to please every possible home dream of discerning buyers seeking quality, position, convenience, attention to detail and every comfort for both small and larger families. Examine our plans and let your imagination take flight! There is someone on hand to help you through your choice and all the necessary documentation. And soon you will be enjoying the rarefied air of the beautiful Paarl countryside!
For more information, visit: www.honeydewcountryestate.co.za